Sunday 4 September 2016

this weekend, I decided that it was time to do a stock take.
I recently sold an item and it took me ages to find where I had put it. Having nearly 200 items in cupboards can make things difficult to locate.
I have a book with details of photos etc and where the item is listed but I am sad to say that I neglected to add "where" I could find them.
It took me nearly 3 hours to get everything out onto the bed, re-label each item and write in the book  exactly where it would be stored.
Lesson....remember to do it as I go along and not leave it for later and forget !
Today I sold a baby cardigan and I was able to go and find it straight away....result !
While collating everything, I found three baby cardigans that I didn't even know I had....so now these have gone into my folksy shop for just £5
www.folksy.com/shops/teabreaks

I have also just finished making a baby T bag hat I think it looks cute and so I will make them in other colours ready for the winter sales rush....(I hope)
.


3 comments:

  1. Nightmare job!

    That hat is *SO* cute, I would buy one if I knew any babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that hat! I try and keep all my stock in one place (although being jewellery it is a bit smaller than your work!) after having a similar experience to you and having not only an awful search but that awful feeling of 'What if I can't find it...?'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies...I now have a pink and a blue hat finished.....watch this space...

    ReplyDelete