Sunday 6 March 2016

I had some yarn left over from making the Lady's shrug and so , not liking to have too many scraps of yarn lying around, I made a bobble hat....
There was still more left and so with the remaining yarn, I made another infinity scarf.
Sometimes I am amazed at how far some yarns go.
I know from my days working for a well know yarn spinners that you pay for the weight of yarn but you knit or crochet the length.
If yarn has a tight twist on it, then you get less length for your money.
That is why , in my days of machine knitting, I liked to use 3 strands of industrial 2/30's yarn rather than shop bought 4 ply. Using thinner strands together meant that I could make a child's jumper using a lot less yarn than the pre spun shop yarns.
The looser the twist...the further the yarn goes.
Here are the pics of the Bobble hat and the infinity scarf....both are now in my folksy shop
www.folksy.com/shops/teabreaks.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment