Thursday 3 March 2016

the last few days I have spent making a lady's shrug. This is a very simple and easy pattern based on the granny square. No real instructions are needed once you know the system.
I made this one in Aran yarn but to be honest, it is more like a chunky yarn than Aran.
I spent many years in the knitwear trade and so I know my yarns well.
The yarn I used was lovely and had a crepe feel to it.
 As I had never made a granny shrug before I wasn't really sure how much yarn I would need and so I stopped short of the size that I really wanted to make. This one is for a smaller lady.....difficult to be sure, as it is a loose fitting style but I would estimate no bigger than as size 12 or 34" bust. Here are some pictures of the finished item which will be listed on Folksy tomorrow (Friday 4th March).
I will deliberately list at a very low price....I know some people will be miffed at this but it is my choice to offer my work to everyone, no matter what their financial situation.
www.folksy.com/shops/teabreaks




2 comments:

  1. This looks ideal for summer evenings when we need something to cover our shoulders. I think this would look good either over a dress or with jeans. I agree that it's up to each individual to price their own makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Jan.....I love shrugs, ponchos etc......snuggle up on cold winter nights...

    ReplyDelete