Thursday 17 March 2016

I have been crocheting my little fingers off in the last few days.....I have lots of ideas going around my head and rush to finish one thing, so that I can start the next project.
I started on Saturday with a new Corner to Corner blanket. This one was done in blue and yellow stripes as my other ones have been bright colours or pink and I didn't want to leave out the baby boys.
Yesterday I had an hour to spare and so decided to make a small 6" purse from granny squares.
I am always aware that pennies could fall through loosely crocheted work and so I always line my purses.
However, I hate sewing and so I also crocheted a lining in double crochet (single crochet to the Americans)
This morning I wanted to make a little girl's cardigan and decided to use the hexagon granny square idea. However, I have never liked the fact that using this method the sleeves are far too wide.
You keep making the hexagon until, when folded, it is the correct chest measurement, but this makes the sleeves look ugly.
Also there is no proper neckline on the basic patterns that people use and I don't like that either.
I KNOW, I am fussy,.
SO I made a basic hexagon and then added rows here and there to form a neckline and to make the chest wider than the sleeves.
 I will take pics of that later. The cardigan is finished...just needs sewing up.
I have added a picture of it as a work in progress, along with my notebook and copious notes on what I have done, plus a drawing of how I would LIKE it to look when finished.
What a busy few days...!!




No comments:

Post a Comment